We are exploring the slow dynamics, the glassy phases and memory and aging effects of spin glasses, dislocation systems and Coulomb glasses. We also analyze the formation of avalanches and their statistics. Using scaling analysis, we research the conditions which give rise to Self Organized Criticality.
Parallel tempering and other accelerated Monte Carlo techniques, Scaling analysis
- 2011 Probing Short Range Spin Glasses with Avalanches APS Meeting, Dallas, TX
- 2009 Coulomb Glasses Transport and Interactions in Disordered Systems, Budapest, Hungary
- 2008 Aging and Coarsening in Dislocation glasses, March meeting, New Orleans, LA
- 2008 Dislocation Glasses, Nanostructured Solar Cells Rutgers, NJ
- 2006 Dislocation Glass, Channel Flow Mesoscopic Superconductivity and Magnetism, Argonne, Chicago, IL
- 2020. G. T. Zimányi, C. Hansen, D. Strubbe. Performance Degradation in aSi/cSi Heterojunction Solar Cells by Glassy Dynamics. DOI: 10.1109/PVSC40753.2019.8980939.
- 2016. J.C. Andresen, Y. Pramudya, H.G. Katzgraber, C.K. Thomas, G.T. Zimanyi, V. Dobrosavljevic. Charge avalanches and depinning in the Coulomb glass: The role of long-range interactions. Phys. Rev.B93, 9, Art. No: 094429.
- 2013. Pazmandi, F. and G.T. Zimanyi. Zero Droplet Stiffness Exponent: Probing Short Range Spin Glasses with Avalanches Induced by Long Range Interactions. Submitted to Physical Review B.
- 2013. Andresen, J.C., Z. Zhu, R.S. Andrist, H.G. Katzgraber, V. Dobrosavljevic, and G.T. Zimanyi. Self-organized criticality in glassy spin systems requires a diverging number of neighbors. Phys. Rev. Lett., 111, 097203.
- 2009. Surer, B., H.G. Katzgraber, G.T. Zimanyi, B. Allgood, and G. Blatter. Density of States and Critical Behavior of the Coulomb Glass. Physical Review Letters 102: 067205. Archive.